During the Monday December 10 Board meeting the North Butler Board of Education will have some discussion on expanding an Ag Plot for our Vocational Agriculture and FFA programs.
Prior to the November meeting, I was approached by the FFA President and Vice-president asking if they could come to the board, which they did and made a very good, very reasonable presentation. As many of you may already know, this presentation included using more of the old football field in Allison for the Ag Plot. Following the presentation the board had some discussion and asked the boys to come back and present again in December, at which time we could have a public forum to discuss this issue.
The reality is that we currently do not have a good solution to the issue of needing a larger plot for our program. An ideal situation would put a 5-10 acre plot much closer to the HS in Greene and near or on Hwy 14 so that there would be visibility for our program, and also so that our students do not have to miss class time due to travel in order to use the ag plot as a learning tool. As this is not currently available to us, the students have brought forth the current plan that has been shared of using the old football area in Allison.
After some discussion with Mr. Kisley and several board members, we would be more than open to any options that could be brought to us, and Mr. Kisley and I would be more than happy to listen to any proposals prior to the board meeting on the 10th. The board would also be more than happy to entertain ideas at the meeting on the 10th. We are open to any possibilities, especially if they were to make it easier for our program to maximize learning time and educational possibilities.
Please do not be afraid to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Kisley at email@example.com with any ideas or suggestions that may be helpful as we would gladly take suggestions on this.
Friday, November 16, 2018
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Last evening the North Butler Board of Education took the following actions:
1. Listened to presentation on FAST scores from Mrs. Endelman
2. Discussed workshop to be held on 12-5 to work on Core Values
3. Listened to presentation from FFA president and VP on adding to test plot
4. Heard presentation on Holiday “Lunch Tray” program
5. Approved SBRC request for Admin costs-River Hills
6. Approved SBRC request for Admin cost-Lied Center
7. Approved 2nd reading of early retirement policy for Certified staff
8. Approved SBRC request for new OE out and ELL services
9. Approved purchase of ¾ ton or 1 ton pickup up to $25,000
10. Approved contract for Rick Wormelli
11. Set public hearing for Dec 10 @ 6 PM in Allison to sell property on south end of Allison property
12. Approved the following personnel items
a. Resignation/early retirement of Gordy Smith effective end of 18-19 school year
b. Resignation of Travis Miller from Head Football Coach position
c. Contract for Jamie Hearn as elementary Custodian
d. Tateana Bailey as substitute associate/kitchen
e. Kala Rose as substitute associate
Friday, November 9, 2018
To create a positive learning environment that promotes high achievement, responsible citizenship, and success for all.
North Butler Monday November 12, 2018, 6:00 PM
North Butler JH/HS Media Center, Geene
1. Call to Order
2. Review and Approve Agenda
3. Review and Approve Minutes from September 2018
4. Review and Approve Financial reports
5. Public Items of Discussion
6. Board Items of Discussion
a. Presentation-Mrs. Endelman
b. Discussion on Beliefs/goals for Mission/vision work
c. Ag student presentation
7. Approve SBRC request for Admin Costs-River Hills
8. Approve SBRC request for Admin Costs-Lied Center
9. Approve 2nd reading Early retirement policy
10. Approve SBRC request for new Open Enrollment and ELL services
11. Vehicle purchase-grounds/transportation.
12. Approve Speaker contract-TQ money-Rick Wormelli
13. Resolution-Intent to sell property
15. Admin Reports
16. Board Reflections of Meeting
Next Meeting December 10, 2018, 6:00 PM NB Elementary Media Center, Allison.
It’s Great to Be A Bearcat