Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Friday September 15th, 2017 Football

Due to the health and safety of our athletes, I have made the decision to forfeit the football game scheduled for Friday night September 15th vs. St. Ansgar. That decision was made this afternoon in order to allow everyone involved to have time to make the necessary changes.

At the present time we only have 14 healthy bodies (and several of those are ill at the present moment), and I feel that if we go ahead and play this game that we would be placing our kids in a dangerous situation. In my opinion, 14 young men is not enough to play an 11 man varsity football game.

I have not come to this decision lightly, and have had conversation with Mrs. Holm, Mr. Thompson, and Coach Miller in regards to this dilemma. With that being said, this decision is based solely upon the safety and health of our student athletes. Determinations of further contests will be made on a week-by-week basis based upon the health of our players.